I met with a Santiago Creek bike trail enthusiast the other day and she had some disturbing news for me. When the City of Santa Ana recently plotted the land adjacent to the Santiago Creek’s unfinished bike trail they found out that a number of wealthy home owners had slowly encroached onto public property and no one at City Hall stopped them!
The property owners who have built onto public land include:
- Barbara Russell, 410 W. Park Lane
- Marsha Vandermolen, 414 W. Park Lane
- Fernando Ospina, 502 W. Park Lane
- Dale I. Cole, 506 W. Park Lane
- Eugene Charles Andres III, 2467 N. Riverside Drive
These residents all live north of the creek except for Andres III. Continue reading