Trauma Intervention Program of Orange County is looking for caring people who want to be part of a team of volunteers who provide emotional first aid and practical support to survivors of traumatic events. TIP Volunteers are called to emergency scenes by police officers, firefighters and paramedics to:
Comfort family members after a sudden death.
Provide caring support after a suicide.
Help witnesses after a traumatic event.
Be there for those emotionally shaken after traffic accidents.
TIP Volunteer Training Academy Schedule: January 2022
No experience is necessary, but completion of all TIP Training Academy dates is required.
- Thursday, January 6 – 6:30 to 10:00 pm
- Friday, January 7 – 7:00 to 10:00 pm
- Saturday, January 8 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday, January 9 – 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 11 – 6:00 to 10:00 pm
- Thursday, January 13 – 6:30 to 10:00 pm
- Friday, January 14 – 6:00 to 10:00 pm
- Saturday, January 15 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 9 – First Monthly Mandatory CE Meeting – 6:30 to 9:30 pm*
- GRADUATION, Monday, April 4 – 7:00 pm
*The mandatory continuing education meetings are always on the second Wednesday of every month. Mark your calendar!
To register for training to become a volunteer, click here.