The shooting of Binh Van Nguyen by SAPD police officers has blown up and led to a $10 million dollar lawsuit by the widow of the victim. Here are the latest news articles about this emerging story:
- Click here to read the O.C. Register’s article about the shooting of Binh Van Nguyen, 39, of Westminster, when he drove a car towards SAPD officers, after he was observed in the backseat of that car for hours, according to witnesses.
- Click here to read about the reaction of the family of Van Nguyen, as reported by the O.C. Register.
- Click here to read about what happened at the SAPD Town Hall meeting about the death of Van Nguyen.
- Click here to read about the family’s side of the story – they dispute the facts as presented by the SAPD.
- Click here to read about the $10 million dollar lawsuit filed by the wife of Van Nguyen.
- Click here to read about the huge turnout at Van Nguyen’s funeral.
Here is the SAPD’s press release regarding the town hall meeting:
Santa Ana Police Department Advisory: Santa Ana Police Department Host Town Hall Meeting regarding recent Officer Involved Shooting
Where: Santa Ana Police Department Community Room
When: Monday January 14th 2013
Time: 7:00 PM
For further details contact SAPD PIO: Anthony Bertagna : Office 714-245-8029 Cell 714-709-2043
For full details, view this message on the web.
8 thoughts on “SAPD shooting of Binh Van Nguyen leads to a $10 million dollar lawsuit”
Classical case of the Walters’ SAPD13 death squad in action.
Another reason why Walters’ should never be a manager. His mind is set to kill people not to help them!
He’s not the Police Chief anymore..
He was for 25 years and should he be terminated he will be again. It is his department, his culture, and he never condemned wrong COPs
He’s not the Chief now. And when are folks going to figure out that driving at armed cops is a terrible idea?
Funny that Councilwoman Martinez doesn’t have the respect or common decency to sit and listen to over 100 residents at a city council meeting. Instead running to the back room to stuff her face with pizza durning the meeting while Santa Ana residents voiced their concerns and then she left the meeting, with pizza sauce still dripping from her face, an hour early!
BUT when it’s time to grandstand at some Vietnemise presser she’s there and ready to put on her Vata serious face to act like she’s concerned. Did they offer Spring Rolls and Pho to eat after?
The people know how shallow you are Martinez and no one, not one S.A. employee, not one resident respects you.
yeah but he was a 300 bowler!
a few questions that come to mind are… did the car ever leave the curb when it was allegedly driven at the officers? Did the officers repark the vehicle and taint a possible crime scene? Was this force excessive given that no apparent crime was committed by victim?
Mr.Nguyen is not threatened to the two officers and it’s not necessary to shot him death. This two officers had taken away one’s life.