The O.C. Health Care Agency has released a list of the eateries (including restaurants, caterers and even school kitchens) that they inspected and shut down for the week of Aug. 13 to Aug. 21. Most of these eateries reopen pretty quickly after the health inspectors determine their issues have been resolved.
- El Matador, 1768 Newport Blvd., Costa Mesa, Closed: Aug. 18, Reason: Cockroach infestation, Reopened: Aug. 20
- Big Chopsticks, 1089 Baker St., Suite C, Costa Mesa, Closed: Aug. 17, Reason: Sewage overflow
- MaDee Thai Kitchen, 401 E. 17th St., Suite C, Costa Mesa, Closed: Aug. 14, Reason: Cockroach infestation
- Snow Monster, 9600 Bolsa Ave., Suite G, Westminster, Closed: Aug. 19, Reason: Insufficient hot water
- Kabuki Japanese Restaurant at Bella Terra, 7801 Edinger Ave., Suite 114, Huntington Beach, Closed: Aug. 18, Reason: Insufficient hot water, Reopened: Aug. 19
- Water-mill Rice Cake, 6142 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, Closed: Aug. 20, Reason: Rodent infestation
- Update: Rockview Dairy Products at 2350 W. Whittier Blvd., La Habra, which was ordered closed Aug. 11 because of a rodent infestation, was allowed to reopen Aug. 14.
- Update: CVS Pharmacy at 6775 Quail Hill Parkway, Irvine, which was ordered closed Aug. 10 because of a rodent infestation, was allowed to reopen Aug. 18.
You can also read about food poisoning incidents in Santa Ana, or report them, here.