July 4 is fast approaching and if you live in Santa Ana you have the right to buy safe and sane fireworks. You might however be wondering where to buy them? Click here to find a TNT Fireworks stand. Click here to find a Phantom Fireworks stand.
The fireworks stands will be able to start selling fireworks on July 1, starting at 12 noon, according to the City of Santa Ana.
Here are the actual locations and sponsors of the fireworks stands in Santa Ana:
PHANTOM FIREWORKS STANDS
- Apostolic Mens Auxiliary, 770 S. Harbor
- Bethel Temple, 1425 E. Edinger
- Calvary Chapel Girls Soccer, 2102 W. Seventeenth St.
- Calvary Temple Young Marrieds, 2106-2154 Tustin & Santa Clara
- Edward B. Cole Academy, 102 E. Seventeenth St.
- Goldcoast Soccer 95-Boys Tier 1 SCDSL, 940 N. Grand
- Goldcoast Soccer 95-Girls Blue Tier 1 SCDSL, 2521 W. McFadden
- H.A.B.B.M., 1710 S. Main St.
- John Muir Fundamental, 1601 W. Seventeenth St.
- Little Saigon Foundation, 3700 W. McFadden
- Rock of Salvation Philanthropic, 2140 S. Bristol
- Rock of Salvation Youth Ministries, 2311 S. Bristol
TNT FIREWORKS STANDS
- Alano Club Santa Ana, 1701 E. McFadden
- Alliance of Abilities, 1422 E. First St.**
- AYSO #517 Santa Ana, 2630 W. Edinger
- Bethel Baptist Church, 413 N. Euclid St.
- California Youth Soccer League, 1131 Grand Ave.
- Calvary Chapel HS Football, 3800 S. Fairview
- Calvary Chapel HS Girls Basketball, 2733 W. Edinger
- Calvary Chapel HS Softball, 3301 S. Harbor
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes, 3610 S. Bristol St.
- Parents of Troop #28, 400 N. Grand Ave.
- Phoenix House, 2800 N. Main St.
- Roadrunner Athletics, 3811 S. Bristol St.
- Roadrunner Soccer, 2860 S. Bristol St.
- Saints Cheerleading Booster Club, 520 W. Walnut
- Santa Ana Edinger St. Hispanic Church of the Nazarene, 1220 N. Bristol
- Santa Ana HS Football, 420 W. Seventeenth St.
- Calvary Chapel Children’s Ministry, 2745 McFadden Ave.
- Calvary Chapel HS Baseball, 3301-3361 S. Bristol
- Calvary Temple Royal Rangers, 2235 Tustin Ave.
- Century HS Baseball, 2727 N. Grand Ave.
- Centurion Cheer Booster (Century Pep), 1230 E. McFadden
- Church of the Bible, 4601 W. McFadden Ave.
- Church of the Nazarene, 3600 W. McFadden
- District 30 Little League, 2343 Tustin Ave.
- El Sol PTO, 2603 W. Seventeenth St. (W. Westminster)
- Falcon Hoops Boosters, 1425 W. Warner Ave.
- First Samoan Congregation Christian Church, **
- Graceland Community Baptist Church, 421 S. Bristol St.
- John Muir Fundamental School, 2151 Santa Clara
- MacArthur Itnermediate Spirit Boosters, 2000 E. Seventeenth St.
- Masterpiece Foundation, 818 W. Seventeenth St.
- OC Worship Center, 1601 N. Tustin
- OC Eagle Boosters, 2000 E. Seventeenth St.
- OC Educational Arts, 1701 Main St.
- Pacific Soccer Club, 2703-2735 N. Bristol
- Pho Da Temple, 511 N. Harbor Blvd.
- Praise Chapel Santa Ana, 1640 E. First St.
- Primera Iglesia Cristiana Mannatiales de Vida, 5210 W. 1ST STREET
- Saddleback HS Alumni Boosters, 1148 S. BRISTOL
- Saddleback HS Band Boosters, 2802 S. Flower
- Saddleback HS Boys Athletics, 2240 S. Main St.
- Saddleback HS Football Boosters, 1701 E. McFadden
- Santa Ana Free Methodist Church, 2429 W. McFadden
- Santa Ana HS Band Boosters, 2009 W. First St.
- Santa Ana HS Cross Country, 100 S. Main St.
- Santa Ana HS Drumline, 811 N. Fairview
- Santa Ana HS Girls Soccer, 111 N. Main St.
- Santa Ana HS Music Boosters Foundation, 1442 S. Bristol
- Santa Ana HS Wrestling, 2741 W. MacArtur Blvd.
- Santa Ana Pony Baseball, 1118 S. Bristol
- Santa Ana Northeast Little League, 1900 N. Grand Ave.
- Santa Ana Southeast Little League, 1111 S. Broadway**
- Santa Ana United Methodist Church, 1720 E. Seventeenth St.
- Santa Ana Volunteer Youth, 315 E. First St.
- Santa Ana Wolfpack CAGWA, 2300 N. Tustin Ave.
- Santa Ana Xtreme Softball, 3001 S. Bristol
- Santiago Little League, 2000 N. Bristol
- Sound Chapel, 651 W. Sunflower
- Southwest Little League, 902 W. Edginer Ave.
- Te-Kenjutsu-Kan Karate-Do, 2910 S. Main St.
- United Samoan Organization, 605 S. Harbor
- Young Marines of US Marines Corps, 1422 E. First St.
- Valley HS Football Boosters, 2120 W. Edinger
- Valley HS Soccer, 2130 S. Raitt
- Valley HS Wrestling, 230 N. Harbor Blvd.
- Victory Outreach, 216 E. Warner
- Victory Outreach Special Services, 1302 N. Grand Ave.
Santa Ana is one of six Orange County cities where safe and sane fireworks are permitted for sale. The Santa Ana Municipal Code restricts the total number of fireworks stands within the city to 85, according to the City of Santa Ana. Each fireworks booth location is run by a local non-profit or charity.
The City of Santa Ana offers the following safety tips for the discharge of Safe and Sane Fireworks:
- Only purchase and discharge fireworks purchased from a licensed fireworks booth located in the City of Santa Ana.
- Fireworks may only be purchased, possessed or discharged from July 1 through July 4.
- Fireworks may be purchased, possessed or discharged only by people 18 years of age or older.
- Dispose of discharged fireworks by placing them in a metal container, or immersing them in a bucket of water.
(CAREFUL!!! DISCHARGED FIREWORKS WILL BE HOT)
- Follow all manufacturers’ directions for discharging Safe and Sane fireworks.
- Make sure the area you will be discharging your Safe and Sane fireworks in, is free of dry grass, brush, trees, or
- DO NOT discharge any firework that explodes or leaves the ground. (M-80, FIRECRACKERS, BOTTLE
ROCKETS, MORTAR AND AERIAL SHELL)
- DO NOT tamper or alter any Safe and Sane fireworks to cause it to explode or leave the ground.
- DO NOT throw any firework or other burning material into the air.
- DO NOT discharge any fireworks in any City park.
Report illegal fireworks to the Santa Ana Police Department at 714-245-8665.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
If you are aware of someone selling illegal explosives such as M-80s, Cherry Bombs, and Silver Salutes, contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms immediately at 1-888-ATF-BOMB. (1-888-283-2662), or email ATFTips@atf.gov.