ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 15CF2004
Date: May 19, 2017
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced today to 60 years to life in state prison for sexually assaulting three girls under the age of 14 he met through church.
Defendant: Jose Luis Aguilera, 42, Santa Ana
Found guilty by a jury on April 28, 2017, of:
- Four felony counts of committing lewd acts upon a child under the age of 14
- Sentencing Enhancement: Multiple victims
Sentence: 60 years to life in state prison
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, Aguilera was a member of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Santa Ana.
- The defendant befriended the victims’ families, who attended the church, and gained their trust.
- Between Oct. 12, 2012, and Sept. 8, 2015, Aguilera sexually assaulted three victims under the age of 14.
- The defendant committed lewd acts on the victims, including touching victims’ genitals and kissing the victims.
- One of the victims reported the crime to a relative, who contacted SAPD.
- SAPD investigated this case and arrested the defendant on Sept. 4, 2015.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Heather Brown, Sexual Assault Unit.
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson