City of Santa Ana
The City of Santa Ana announces the availability of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding for nonprofit organizations. The program supports cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- to moderate- income persons.
Funding will be available to experienced nonprofit organizations for the provision of public services that include an emphasis on crime prevention, intervention, and/or suppression efforts for children, youth and/or families. Programs will be funded from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA:
- Meet the national objective of activities that provide a benefit for low- to moderate-income persons. Programs must serve at least 51% low- and moderate- income persons.
- Align with one of the following City of Santa Ana Strategic Plan Goals:
- Community Safety
- Youth, Education, Recreation, or
- Community Health, Livability, Engagement & Sustainability
- Provide a new service or augment existing City of Santa Ana services
- Additional guidelines and criteria can be found at www.santa-ana.org/CDBG
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AND MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE: www.santa-ana.org/CDBG
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, 2017 BY 5PM
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND A MANDATORY CDBG WORKSHOP
Workshops will be held at City Hall on the following dates:
-2/16/17 from 2pm (Ross Annex, Room 1600)
-2/23/17 from 9am (Ross Annex, Room 1600)
-2/28/17 from 9am (Ross Annex, Room 1600)
For more information, please visit www.santa-ana.org/CDBG or call the Community Development Agency at 714-647-6561.