ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
Case # 18CF0326
Is your employer a mess? Call Sasooness.
In the state of California for every 5 hours worked an employee must get a 30 minute, uninterrupted lunch break. For every 3 hours worked an employee must get an uninterrupted 10-minute rest break. Working over 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week is due overtime. Don’t let your employer screw you! Give us a call at 323 746-8099.
En el estado de California por cada 5 horas de trabajo su patrón le debe permitir tener un receso de media hora sin interrupciones. Si trabaja más de 8 horas en un día o más de 40 horas de trabajo en una semana su patrón le debe pagar tiempo y medio. No deje que su patrón abuse de su trabajo. No importa que no tenga papeles. Usted tiene derechos. Llamenos al 323 746-8099.
Date: January 30, 2018
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was charged with attempted murder and arson for setting fire to a tent with a homeless man and woman inside in Santa Ana.
Defendant: James Anthony Lawlor, 35, Santa Ana
Charged on Jan. 26, 2018, with the following felony counts:
- Attempted murder
- Arson of inhabited property
- Possession of flammable material
- Sentencing Enhancements
- Arson with accelerant
Maximum Sentence: Seven years to life in state prison
Continued arraignment: Feb. 6, 2018, 8:30 a.m. at Department C-55, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, John Doe and Jane Doe lived in a tent near the defendant’s residence in Santa Ana.
- At approximately 8:20 a.m. on Jan. 19, 2018, Lawlor is accused of confronting John Doe outside of his tent and kicking the victim in the face.
- The defendant is accused of driving away in his truck and returning to the victims’ tent a short time later with a red gasoline can.
- Lawlor is further accused of pouring gasoline on John Doe and Jane Doe’s tent and lighting it on fire while both the victims were inside. The defendant is accused of then fleeing the scene.
- Santa Ana Police Department, who investigated this case, arrested Lawlor on Jan. 25, 2018.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Cynthia Nichols, Special Prosecutions Unit
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson