The newly formed Santa Ana Police Oversight Commission will meet at 3 p.m., this Friday, October 6, 2023, in its historic first meeting.
The special meeting agenda includes election of a chair and vice chair, an overview of the ordinance establishing the commission, and setting the recurring monthly meeting schedule.
Here are the Members of the Santa Ana Police Oversight Commission:
- Danny Vega, Nominated by Mayor Amezcua, (citywide) December 2024
- Gabriel Castillo Laughton, Nominated by Mayor Pro Tem Lopez, (Ward 3) December 2024
- Keith Carpenter, Nominated by Councilmember Phan, (Ward 1) December 2024
- Carlos Perea, Nominated by Councilmember Vazquez, (Ward 2) December 2026
- Nadin Said, Nominated by Councilmember Bacerra, (Ward 4) December 2026
- Amalia Mejia, Nominated by Councilmember Hernandez, (Ward 5) December 2024
- Evangeline Gawronski, Nominated by Councilmember Penaloza, (Ward 6) December 2026
The meeting will take place in the City Council Chamber, 22 Civic Center Plaza, and is open to the public. Members of the public may provide comments by email or in-person only about items that are on the special meeting agenda. You can also watch the meeting on the City’s YouTube channel.
See the meeting agenda and learn how to watch and participate at https://www.santa-ana.org/agendas-and-minutes. To learn more about the Police Oversight Commission, visit https://www.santa-ana.org/police-oversight-commission/.