The SAPD wants to make sure that you are safe when your out shopping for the best deals today and during this holiday season. Please be sure to be careful and mindful of your safety while holiday shopping.
Here are some safety tips to consider:
- Stay aware of your surroundings.
- Always try to park in well-lit areas at a familiar location to help remember where you are parked.
- Do NOT leave articles of value in your vehicles.
- If you go shopping with children, make a plan with children in case you get separated. Have a central meeting place, and talk with your children who they can turn to for help if they find themselves alone.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages.
- Have your vehicle keys out and available to open the door. Get in and then lock the doors.