We are excited to launch our new Extended Learning Program, Engage 360°, beginning January 5, 2015, to SAUSD K-8 students. Engage 360° will provide students with a safe environment that is a true extension of the academic school day. Students will engage in meaningful academic support, varied enrichment, nutrition and physical activities that will accelerate student outcomes linked to LCAP goals. This program will replace the existing afterschool programs currently operated by Think Together and the Boys and Girls Club in grades K-8.
SAUSD’s Engage 360° includes:
- Use of highly-trained SAUSD employees
- Linked with after-school tutoring provided by teachers
- Continuity of instructional program extended to after school
- Access to technology used within the school day during after school program
- Ability to track data and program success at a higher level
- Greater level of oversight by District
- Increased enrichment access for students with community partners
Programs primarily operate for K-8 grade students from the close of school until 6:00 p.m. daily.