The year 2012 was a great year for news in Santa Ana. I have reviewed all of our readership data and come up with our top ten stories in Santa Ana this year. Here they are:
- Mayor Miguel Pulido easily reelected as Council Member David Benavides loses badly, as we predicted.
- Council Member Carlos Bustamante busted for alleged sex crimes – and his twin brother Alfonso faced a civil suit too.
- The unknown and unfunded Ward 3 Council candidate Angelica Amezcua soundly defeats Team Benavides ally Eric Alderete.
- Republican Cecilia Iglesias was the top vote-getter in the race for the SAUSD School Board.
- Council Member Michele Martinez loses her bid for the 69th Assembly District, so do Julio Perez and Francisco Barragan. The vote split by these candidates allows Tom Daly to win in November, in Orange County’s most Hispanic Assembly District.
- Council Member David Benavides’ church tried to buy the Santora building. Did he stand to make a commission?
- The Santiago Creek Bike Trail debate escalates – This issue remains unresolved. Will the new Council vote to finish the trail?
- The downfall of Nadia Lockyer – It was an awful year for former SAUSD Trustee Nadia Lockyer. It all started with her claim that an ex boyfriend had beat her up.
- Santa Ana icon Cheerios passes away. But he is not forgotten!
- The Church of Scientology opens in Santa Ana.
Did I miss anything? Let me know what your top stories were this year. And have a Happy New Year!
One thought on “Our top ten Santa Ana news stories of 2012”
How about: Santa Ana mayoral canidate CHEATS ON WIFE, she leaves him. Hire’s Blog whores from Irvine and Orange to defend him. HE LOSES ANYWAY!!!!!