Affected residents have not been able to cook hot food or take hot showers during this time.
The natural gas at the complex was disconnected by SoCalGas when they discovered gas leaks at the location back on June 2. They disconnected the master meter as a result, for safety reasons, which meant 200 condos on the property would no longer have access to natural gas.
Unfortunately for the residents the gas leaks are on the customer side of the master meter so property owners and the homeowners association will have to pay to repair the leaks.
The HOA apparently has refrained from taking action due to the cost of the repairs.
Some are blaming the HOA for not fixing a problem that dates back to when the condos used to be apartments.