Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
Fullerton residents are in shock today as they deal with the fact that Assemblyman Chris Norby now needs a job, having lost to Fullerton Mayor Sharon Quirk-Silva. She ran an aggressive campaign and made heavy use of social media. Norby, on the other hand, seemed to be trying to coast to victory.
While Quirk-Silva’s victory is a great one for Orange County’s Latino voters, I am saddened to see that the 69th Assembly District is now represented by Tom Daly. There is no way he will win re-election in two years, but for now we are stuck with him.
The Two Essential Aspects to Every Personal Injury Case: Liability & Damages
If you’ve been injured and you’re not sure you have a case, give us a call 323 746-8099. Our team at Sasooness Law Group will give your case the personal attention it deserves. We work with motorcycle accidents, car accidents, uber/lyft accidents, scooter accidents, and more.
Si usted ha sido lastimado y no está seguro de tener un caso, llamenos al 323 746-8099. Nuestro equipo en Sasooness Law Group le atenderá su caso completamente en Español. Nosotros trabajamos con accidente de auto, accidente de uber/lyft, accidentes de moto, y mas.
@ Sasooness Law Group https://www.facebook.com/SasoonessLawGroup/
Here is a rundown of how the County’s other Latino candidates fared in the Nov. 6 general election:
- Daly beat a Latino, Jose Moreno, whose campaign was undermined when labor forces went after him as a Hatch Act violator. That obscure Federal law prevents some municipal workers from running for legislative seats.
- Christina Avalos lost in the 68th AD, to Don Wagner.
- In Santa Ana, U.S. Rep. Loretta Sanchez easily beat her carpetbagging GOP opponent, Jerry Hayden, in the 46th Congressional District.
- OC GOP Central Committee member Thomas Gordon was soundly defeated in the Rancho Santiago Community College District’s Board of Trustees election, in Area 3, by Nelida Yanez, a Democrat. She will join Santa Ana Mayor Pro Tem Claudia Alvarez, the winner in Area 5, and Assemblyman Jose Solorio, the winner in Area 1, on a Board of Trustees now dominated by Latinos.
- Republican Ceci Iglesias fared better than Gordon as she won a seat on the SAUSD School Board. Incumbent Jose Alfredo Hernandez was also re-elected.
Click here to read the rest of this post.