Please complete the nomination form for any and all deserving individuals or organizations in the Santa Ana community. The “Community Building Awards” will be presented on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at the “Santa Ana Earth and Health Fest” event. The award is a glass building block etched in gold, along with a framed certificate.
The following are categories being solicited for 2011:
- Sports and Fitness Initiative of the Year: Award developed in recognition of significant contributions being made to prevent obesity and improve the physical health of children and youth of Santa Ana’s neighborhoods.
- Health in the Community Project of the Year: Award intended to recognize innovative and collaborative initiatives that achieved improved health behaviors, outcomes and wellbeing of children, youth and families in the community.
- Faith-Based Social Service Initiative of the Year: Award presented to recognize the wonderful services performed by Santa Ana’s faith-based organizations and their contribution to community building.
- Friend of the Environment: Each year, a variety of environmentally friendly initiatives are launched in Santa Ana. This award is an effort to recognize the numerous significant projects, which bring longterm benefits in the areas of energy efficiency, conservation and recycling.
- Service Club Project of the Year: Santa Ana is fortunate to have an active service club community that sees the value in partnering up their members and resources with other organizations to tackle significant issues that confront our society.
- Economic Development Project of the Year: Award developed to recognize the grassroots economic development initiatives that are providing new opportunities for the advancement of residents of Santa Ana.
- Board Member of the Year: Award to be presented to volunteer board member of a Santa Ana community-based organization that has provided service and inspiration to their organization and our city.
- Chief Executive / Organizational Leader of the Year: Award to be presented for outstanding leadership and community building achievements on behalf of their Santa Ana business, educational /community-based organization, or other service agency.
- COP Volunteer of the Year: Award to provide recognition to a volunteer that has distinguished themselves through their commitment to the principles and goals of Santa Ana’s community oriented policing philosophy.
- General Open Nomination Opportunity: Award in which nominations are open to individuals that are innovative and resourceful but may not meet the eligibility of the predefined categories.
Please complete the nomination form for any and all deserving individuals or organizations in the Santa Ana community.
- Navdeep Bassi, Franchisee of 7-Eleven Stores
- Vinh Tran, A Plus Development
- Santa Ana Builing a Healthy Community, Steering Committee
- Nick Spain, The Grain Project
- Connie Hamilton, Connect to Council
- Team Property Management, HOA Manager
- America On Track, Leadership Training and Fitness Programs
- Lives Worth Saving, Gang Intervention
- Patrick Yrarrazaval-Correa, Diamond Park Mutual Water
- United Way of OC, Financial Stability Alliance
- Friends of the Santa Ana Zoo, Community Partner