“Veterans and Labor – Partners in Service,” a special Veterans Day event, is set for Nov. 11, 2014 at the Orange County Fair & Event Center (88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa). For more information, check out the Veterans + Labor website by clicking here.
The event organizers are trying to raise at least 2,000 lbs (1 ton) of food and supplies for our veterans. This food drive is one of many service projects union members are hosting to help our veterans and their families.
Requested donations include:
- Canned and instant soups, pastas, and canned fruits and vegetables
- Ethnic foods (Hispanic, Asian, etc.)
- Foods that require low heat or no heat for homeless families
- Special-needs foods including low-sugar, no-salt, no-cholesterol, gluten-free, etc.
- Money/gift cards to purchase food
- Baby items including baby food, diapers, clothing, bottles, etc.
- Non-toxic household supplies including toothpaste, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, etc.
Please bring your donations to the OC Fair & Event Center on Tuesday, Nov. 11. Items will be collected from 10 AM -3 PM.