The O.C. Health Care Agency has released a list of the eateries (including restaurants, caterers and even school kitchens) that they inspected and shut down for the week of July 16 to July 24. Most of these eateries reopen pretty quickly after the health inspectors determine their issues have been resolved.
- Aloha Hawaiian BBQ, 3001 Bristol St., Suite E, Costa Mesa, Closed: July 21, Reason: Cockroach infestation, Reopened: July 22
- Bagel City Cafe, 19142 Beach Blvd., Suite F, Huntington Beach, Closed: July 21, Reason: Cockroach infestation, Reopened: July 22
- Cristi’s Restaurant at 821 S. Beach Blvd., Anaheim, which was closed July 13 because of a cockroach infestation, was allowed to reopen July 17.
- Popeyes Fried Chicken, 17th St., in Santa Ana, July 20 at 3 p.m. – Diarrhea. this spot is so popular every night it has a line of 12 cars. I’m assuming the chicken was hours out of being fresh, or the oil being way beyond reasonable use. ”
- Chipotle, S. Bristol St., in Santa Ana, July 1 at 10:52 a.m. – Diarrhea. “Ate the steak bowl with lettuce, corn, pinto beans, sour cream, pico de Gallo, and 2 salsas.”