Los Angeles, CA (November 6, 2019)— SoCal Museums announces the 15th Annual Museums Free-for-All on Saturday, January 25, 2020. Over 40 museums—presenting art, cultural heritage, natural history, and science—will open their doors and invite visitors to attend free of charge.
“We’re proud to celebrate 15 years of Free-for-All, welcoming visitors across Southern California to enjoy a wide variety of museums. It’s a great chance to revisit old favorites or discover something new,” said Jennifer Caballero, SoCal Museums President and Marketing Director at the Skirball Cultural Center. “I’m always impressed by the range of cultural offerings. From cars to Cold War artifacts to modern art, there’s something for everyone.”
Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
Museums Free-for-All also serves as a reminder that free visitor days are available year-round at museums across Southern California. A calendar of free days can be found at socalmuseums.org/free.
Is your employer a mess? Call Sasooness.
In the state of California for every 5 hours worked an employee must get a 30 minute, uninterrupted lunch break. For every 3 hours worked an employee must get an uninterrupted 10-minute rest break. Working over 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week is due overtime. Don’t let your employer screw you! Give us a call at 323 746-8099.
En el estado de California por cada 5 horas de trabajo su patrón le debe permitir tener un receso de media hora sin interrupciones. Si trabaja más de 8 horas en un día o más de 40 horas de trabajo en una semana su patrón le debe pagar tiempo y medio. No deje que su patrón abuse de su trabajo. No importa que no tenga papeles. Usted tiene derechos. Llamenos al 323 746-8099.
This offer is for general museum admission only and does not apply to specially ticketed exhibitions. Regular parking fees apply at each museum.
Consult individual museum websites for hours, directions, and other visitor information.
- Academy Museum of Motion Pictures
- American Museum of Ceramic Art
- Automobile Driving Museum
- Autry Museum of the American West
- Bowers Museum
- The Broad
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center
- Cayton Children’s Museum
- Columbia Memorial Space Center
- Craft Contemporary
- Descanso Gardens
- Forest Lawn Museum
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Frederick R. Weisman Museum of Art
- Getty Center Museum
- Getty Villa Museum
- Glendora Historical Society
- Hammer Museum
- Heroes Hall Veterans Museum
- ICA LA
- Japanese American National Museum
- Kidspace Children’s Museum
- La Brea Tar Pits
- LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes
- Los Angeles County Fire Museum
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles)
- Muckenthaler Cultural Center
- Museum of Tolerance – Participating on Sunday, January 26 only
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- OCMA (Orange County Museum of Art)
- Pomona College Museum of Art
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
- Santa Barbara Historical Museum
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History (Please note free admission is for the museum only, not the Sea Center.)
- Skirball Cultural Center
- Sunnylands Center & Gardens
- The International Printing Museum
- The Wende Museum
- Torrance Art Museum
- USC Fisher Museum of Art
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- Valley Relics Museum
SoCal Museums (SCM) is a group of marketing and communications professionals from museums all over Southern California. The mission of the organization is to foster dialogue between marketing and communications museum professionals in Southern California in order to learn from each other, network, conceptualize and execute ways to increase visitation to and awareness of museums in Southern California, and develop collaborative opportunities between museums.