On Saturday, July 7th, the Santora Arts Building will celebrate 84 years with a 1920’s-inspired themed celebration! This will kick-off a month-long celebration highlighting the history of the building from 1928 to the present.
Showcased will be a dazzling array of FINE ART, MUSIC, CARS, FILM , and FASHIONS of a bygone era, as well as a tour of old-time “speakeasys” like Proof, that still stand today!
JULY 7 – A ROARING 20’S ERA OPEN HOUSE featuring Live Music, Fine Art, Deco-inspired Costumes and other nostalgic touches. Meet the 2012 King of the Santora!
- 6pm 1920’s Boudoir Fashion Show -Presented by D & A Street Runways, “featuring students from Santa Ana College”
- 7pm -Santora Award Ceremony
- 7:30pm – Toast and Cake Cutting – Cake by Moya’s Bakery
- 8:30pm -Live Music by Hedgehog Swing Band And Artificial Integrity – OCHSA Students
- ** BUST LOOSE on the SANTORA dance floor ** Featuring DJ Court Pedestrian
* Come as your favorite silent film star or 1920’s era legend! *
JULY 21- A SPECIAL VIP EVENT….STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS!
Visit our Art Galleries and Art Studios
- ste B4 – Green Door Gallery
- ste B6b – The Art Bar
- ste B6a – Suzie Voung
- ste B6a2 – Chuntana Art Society at R.E.D. Gallery
- ste B7b – Avantgarden – The Art Gallery
- ste B10 – Seven 1Four Underground Studio
- ste B11 – Studio del Sotano
- Atilano Salon and Gallery
- ste B – Bee Regal Gallery
- ste E – Raven Studios
- ste E – Gallery 207
- ste G – Joseph Hawa
- ste I – Tweena’s Tunes
- ste K – Crescendoh
- ste Q – SAC Art Gallery
The July 7, 2012 Downtown Santa Ana Art Walk is also taking place this Saturday night. Here are a few event highlights:
- Holocaust Images of WWII at the Q Art Salon
- Gallery 207 is pleased to present original photo realism paintings by Mark Hosmer
- AVANTGARDEN is celebrating with lots of new work and new artists: jewelry artists Margaret Aden and Douglas Brett, and abstract painter Elena Bulatova!
- OCCCA features: Maldita Frontera, Ramon Carrillo, Pablo Castaneda, Eduardo Kintera, Fernando Garcia Rivas, Artists from Mexicali, B.C. Mexico. July 7 – 28th, 2012. Opening Reception: July 7th, 2012. 6pm to 10pm.
- Grand Central Art Center is pleased to present ISM: 10 Year Celebration, an exhibition accompanied by a retrospective book to celebrate ISM: A Community Project for 10 years of creativity and accomplishments.
- R.E.D. Gallery is pleased to present “The Freeway Series,” a show of recent paintings and drawings by Jerrin Wagstaff.
- The Santa Ana Indie Film Fest is finally here! We cordially invite you to enjoy an evening filled with a variety of short films showcasing the talents of local directors, actors, cinematographers and producers!