Apparently the Orange County Democratic Party Central Committee endorsed the following Santa Ana candidates yesterday:
- Loretta Sanchez for United States Congress (Re-Elect)
- Councilman David Benavides for Mayor
- Eric Alderete for City Council
- Valerie Amezcua and Myriam Tinajero for the Santa Ana Unified School Board
- Jose Solorio, Nelida Yanez and Mark McLoughlin for the Rancho Santiago Community College District’s Board of Education
“Pulido had withdrawn his request for an endorsement shortly before the meeting, so the tally overwhelmingly favored Benavides. Thirty-four voted to back Benavides, while only three voted against it,” according to the Voice of OC.
Benavides may have gotten this endorsement but he is not raising any money or campaigning at all. Strange.