COSTA MESA (Aug. 8, 2023) – The 2023 OC Fair is heading into its final days and there are plenty of exciting things to do in the last week – don’t miss out!
Attractions include plenty of animals, culinary treats, X-Treme Freestyle Moto-X, music, carnival fun and exhibits found only at the OC Fair.
The theme this year is “Happy Together” and the final day is Sunday, Aug. 13. Advance ticket purchase is required, buy online now at ocfair.com/tickets – days are selling out!
Here are 10 top tips to enjoy the final days of OC Fair fun:
- Don’t stop the music: Concerts at Pacific Amphitheatre during the final week include Beck / Phoenix and Rebelution (three shows). All Fair-time shows include free same-day Fair admission. Post-Fair shows include Los Tucanes de Tijuana, Chicago, Gabriel Iglesias and Common Kings.
- Last chance to dance: Hit La Cantina for Latin music or head to the new Western Saloon & Whiskey Bar – put your boots on and get out on the dance floor.
- Last chance for Fair romance: Get that final sunset kiss on the Ferris wheel or the Sky Ride and grab a photo booth pic to capture the memories.
- Final $4 Taste of Fair Food on Thursday: Check out the special offerings from concessionaires that give Fairgoers sample-size portions: ocfair.com/oc-fair/things-to-do/food/
- Unlimited ride carnival wristbands: The one-day wristbands can be used Wednesday and Thursday, must be purchased or redeemed by 5 p.m. and include unlimited rides and two free games; guests can ride and play from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Chicano Heritage Month: In celebration of Chicano Heritage Month, the OC Fair offers special exhibits and activities in the Visual Arts building. Every day, craft tissue flowers and showcase them on a display wall with quotes of what it means to be Chicano/a. Be sure to also visit the Chicano wardrobe display, too. Featured artists will offer painting demonstrations in the Visual Arts building.
- Take the Fair home with you: Hit the shopping buildings and get the only-at-the OC-Fair deals, grab take-and-bake options like cookie dough, cinnamon rolls and Ten Pound Buns.
- Camel dairy: Another popular yearly attraction is the camel dairy. These special animals come to the OC Fair and show off their size, agility and personalities. Don’t miss learning about camel milk and its uses including powdered milk, chocolate and soaps and lotions.
- What about wine? The final OC Fair weekend will feature wine seminars at The Courtyard with tastings including OC Fair Gold Medal-winning wines and food pairings.
- The Art of Music Experience: Free with Fair admission, this featured exhibit debuted at this year’s OC Fair and offers visitors the chance to see large-scale, hand-painted iconic album covers, shop in the pop-up vinyl record store and enjoy renderings of legendary musicians, neon signs and displays.
Key things to know about the 2023 OC Fair
- A limited number of tickets are available each day – days are selling out.
- Advance online ticket sales only – no transaction fees at ocfair.com/tickets.
- Tickets are good only for the date purchased; please choose dates carefully – no refunds.
- Same-day Fair admission is included with tickets to concerts during the Fair.
- Tickets are $13 weekday general admission (Wednesday, Thursday) and $15 weekend general admission (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Admission for seniors (60+) and youth (ages 6-12) is $9 every day and children 5 and younger are free.
- General parking is $12, $24 for buses and limos, credit card only.
- Tickets for concerts in The Hangar and Pacific Amphitheatre can be found at ocfair.com/entertainment.
- The 2023 OC Fair mobile app is now available with information on daily activities as well as a map, news & information and tickets.
- The Fair will open each day at 11 a.m. and close at 11 p.m. except on Fridays and Saturdays, when it closes at midnight.
OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa is home to the annual OC Fair and Imaginology. Year-round attractions include Centennial Farm, Table of Dignity, Heroes Hall and Pacific Amphitheatre. Throughout the year, events ranging from recreation shows to cultural festivals are held at the Fairgrounds.