I am encouraged by how many candidates have pulled papers to run for the Santa Ana City Council this November. This will be a very different election as the current pandemic will prevent candidates from walking door to door. Because this is a Presidential election we can also expect a higher voter turnout than usual. This is also the first time that Mayor Miguel Pulido will be on the sidelines as he has termed out after over 20 years in office.
Here are the candidates who have pulled papers so far:
- Tony Adame – the Found of the Suavecito Company – email@example.com
- Cynthia Contreras – A political consultant and a mom. Chindirella2@yahoo.com
- Thai Viet Phan – An attorney and a member of the Orange County Democratic Party Central Committee. Info@thaivietphan.com
- Jeffrey Katz – an attorney and President of the Floral Park Neighborhood Association. Vote4katz@gmail.com. http://vote4katz.com/
- Jessie Lopez – She is an active coalition member of Rise Up Willowick. and a member of the Orange County Democratic Party Central Committee. Jessie@votejessielopez.com
- Jose “Joe” Madueña – Irishjoe2030@yahoo.com
- Mark McLoughlin – a Santa Ana Planning Commissioner. McloughlinForCityCouncil@gmail.com
- Danny Vega – the founder of the the Facebook page, Neighbors of Santa Ana. https://vegaforcouncil.com/. Vegaforcouncil@gmail.com.
- Jannelle Welker – She works for O.C. Supervisor Doug Chaffee. Jannelle@votewelker.com
- Johnathan Ryan Hernandez – A community health workers. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victor Mendez – We have no information on this candidate yet. email@example.com
- Laura Perez – A resident of the Artesia Pilar Neighborhood. Lauraperez7428@gmail.com
- Juan Villegas, Incumbent/Mayor Pro Tem – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cecilia Iglesas – Former Santa Ana City Councilwoman and former SAUSD Trustee. Iglesias4mayor@gmail.com
- Claudia C. Alvarez – Former Santa Ana Councilwoman and current Rancho Santiago Community College District Trustee. Also works for the O.C.D.A. Alvarez4mayor@gmail.com
- George Collins – Videographer.
- Mark I. Lopez – Senior Advisor – Mexican American Advisory Group. Tango1mikemike@aol.com
- Vincente Sarmiento – Current Santa Ana City Councilman, lawyer and businessman. email@example.com
- Jose Solorio – Current Santa Ana City Councilman and Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note – Just because these candidates pulled papers doesn’t mean they will actually run for office in November. They have pulled papers and for now that is it. Eventually the filing period will close and we will know for sure who will be on the ballot in November.