Doors open at 8 pm and the show starts at 9 pm. This show is open to all ages and costs only $10.00 per ticket. Tickets are sold online through Ticketweb. You can also place orders through the phone with Ticketweb at 1-866-777-8932.
The Constellation Room box office is available for ticket purchases in person. There is a $2.00 per ticket fee for credit or debit card purchases, and no fee for cash purchases.
Hours are: 10:30am-6:30pm Mon-Sat. On show nights, the Will Call box opens at 7pm for shows in the Observatory and 8pm for shows in the Constellation Room (unless specified otherwise). Will Call Box only sells tickets for the show that evening.
Benjamin Davis always figured he’d be writing and performing music, whether on his own or backed by a full band. He only needed a name, and one day when he saw the cords trailing from his reel-to-reel tape player, named Irene, it came to him: Bad Veins.
When asked about the meaning of the name, Davis reflected, ‘Something has always seemed intuitive to me about the connection between tired, old electronics that I like to use to make music, our floral imagery, and the name Bad Veins, I’m not sure how to put it into words.”
Since that day, Bad Veins has embarked on national tours with Two Door Cinema Club, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Frightened Rabbit, and many more; they’ve released two full-length albums, most recently The Mess We’ve Made on Modern Outsider Records. The Mess We’ve Made has been described as “triumphant indie pop” by USA Today, and Paste Magazine said to “expect Bad Veins to continue their ascent into the indie stratosphere.”
Armed with drummer Jake Bonta, and of course Irene, Bad Veins is poised to continue growing an already rabid fan-base, and sending their orchestral pop compositions to even greater heights.
The Constellation Room is located inside the Galaxy Theatre at: 3503 South Harbor Boulevard, in Santa Ana.
- ESQUIRE – ‘DANCING ON TV’ TOP 30 SONGS OF 2012
- THE A.V. CLUB (MARCUS GILMER) – “If you like music that is awesome, please do not sleep on the new Bad Veins album”
- PASTE MAGAZINE – “Expect Bad Veins to continue their ascent into the indie stratosphere”
- ALTERNATIVE PRESS – “The cast of instrumental characters is large, but they’re crisply choreographed, like a Jason Statham fight scene.”
- ABC AMPLIFIED (DAN HARRIS) – “Excellent, catchy-beyond-belief new record”
- KEXP (JOHN RICHARDS) – “Love me some new Bad Veins”
- USA TODAY – “ALBUM OF THE WEEK” “catchy melodies and danceable rhythms early fans were quick to love. Bad Veins crank out triumphant indie pop”
- ABSOLUTE PUNK – ”Opener “Don’t Run”, which ostensibly serves as the title track, is a soaring, sugary pop smash”
- LA MUSIC BLOG – “their trademark live show exceeds any expectations you could have”
- EMI RADIO (DAVE LOMBARDI) “my favorite album in 2012”