Contact: Jennifer Savage, (310) 854-8280, email@example.com; Eniko Bolivar, (310) 854-8292, firstname.lastname@example.org
California’s Newest Grocer, ALDI, Brings Jobs to Los Angeles, Orange Counties
Company to Fill Shift Manager Positions During Hiring Events on Oct. 29
LOS ANGELES – October 23, 2015 – Offering wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry, ALDI will host 11 hiring events on Thursday, Oct. 29 to fill Shift Manager positions for the grocer’s initial Los Angeles and Orange County stores. The March 2016 arrival of ALDI will expand grocery retail options with the ALDI difference of fresh, high-quality groceries at everyday low prices.
Who: Local residents currently seeking employment opportunities in the following communities of future ALDI stores: Anaheim, Buena Park, and Fountain Valley.
When/Where: Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Anaheim Business Expo, 1960 S. Anaheim Way, Anaheim, CA 92805
- Radisson Suites, 7762 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90620
- ALDI Fountain Valley, 17070 Magnolia St., Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be available to work anytime between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday – Sunday
- Retail experience preferred
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
- ALDI will open approximately 25 Southern California stores between March and July 2016, and operate approximately 45 by the end of 2016.
- ALDI offers employees generous wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry.
- Employees will average 33-40 hours each week and will be eligible for full benefits, including health insurance and dental coverage.
- All employees are invited to participate in the 401(k) program.
About ALDI Inc.
A leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI operates nearly 1,500 US stores in 32 states. More than 30 million customers each month save up to 50 percent* on their grocery bills, benefiting from the ALDI simple and streamlined approach to retailing. ALDI sells the most frequently purchased grocery and household items, primarily under its exclusive brands, which must meet or exceed the national name brands on taste and quality. ALDI is so confident in the quality of its products, the company offers a Double Guarantee: If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with any ALDI food product, ALDI will gladly replace the product and refund the purchase price. ALDI was honored with the 2015 Supermarket News Retail Achievement Award, recognizing the company for its ongoing business expansion and product evolution. For more information about ALDI, visit www.aldi.us.
*Based upon a price comparison of comparable products sold at leading national retail grocery stores.