The O.C. Health Care Agency has released a list of the eateries (including restaurants, caterers and even school kitchens) that they inspected and shut down for the week of Sept. 23 to Oct. 1. Most of these eateries reopen pretty quickly after the health inspectors determine their issues have been resolved.
- 1st St. Burger House, 2029 E. First St., Santa Ana, Closed: Sept. 28, Reason: Cockroach infestation, Reopened: Sept. 30
- Update: La Chiquita Grocery at 902 E. Washington Ave., Santa Ana, which was ordered closed Sept. 17 because of a cockroach infestation, was allowed to reopen Sept. 24.
- Subway, 7907 Knott Ave., Buena Park, Closed: Sept. 29, Reason: Cockroach infestation, Reopened: Sept. 30
- Taqueria El Rancho, 8040 Orangewood Ave., Stanton, Closed: Sept. 28, Reason: Rodent infestation, Reopened: Sept. 29
- Kitchen at Best Western Plus, 1544 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, Permit downgraded to sale of prepackaged food only: Sept. 24, Reason: Insufficient hot water/plumbing in disrepair, Full permit reinstated: Sept. 27
- Update: Wetzel’s Pretzels storefront and kiosk at 594 Shops at Mission Viejo, Suite K-116, Mission Viejo, which were ordered closed Sept. 21 because of a cockroach infestation, were allowed to reopen Sept. 23.