Effective Friday, April 17, 2020, the Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department will begin offering marriage licenses and civil marriage ceremonies to couples whose marriage appointments were postponed due to the COVID-19 lockdown.
Marriage services will be available at Honda Center in Anaheim at 2695 E. Katella Ave, corner of Katella and S. Douglass Road. Service is by appointment only from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The general public can call the department’s Marriage Service Hotline (714) 834-2740 beginning Monday, April 20, 2020, to make an appointment to obtain marriage services at Honda Center.
The department will offer 60 appointments per day and will implement strict social distancing guidelines as well as other limitations to ensure the safety of the couples and staff.
The following limitations will apply:
- For couples looking to obtain a marriage license, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a public marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple and one witness may be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a confidential marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- Couples will need to pay fees with a check or money order made payable to the Orange County Clerk-Recorder.
- No cash or credit card payments accepted.
- Couples must present a valid government-issued photo identification at their appointment.
- Next-day appointments must be scheduled before 3 p.m. the day prior to the appointment.
- “I am excited to be able to offer marriage services again during these challenging times,” said Clerk-Recorder
- Hugh Nguyen. “We looked into ways of providing these services in the safest way possible due to the demand
- and feel that this is a great solution. I would like to thank Honda Center, the Orange County Fairgrounds, the
- Mayor of Anaheim, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, OC Public Works, OC Community Resources and
- especially my staff for helping us make this possible.”
- Couples must complete their marriage license application online prior to calling our hotline to make an appointment.
- Marriage license applications can be completed at OCRecorder.com. Once completed, couples can call the
- department’s Marriage Services Hotline at (714) 834-2740 to make an appointment. When making an appointment,
- both parties must be on the line for verification of marriage license information.
- Clerk-Recorder staff will be providing services from inside booths to ensure that a protective barrier exists between them
- and the couples. Upon arrival at the Honda Center, couples must wait inside their cars until a staff member contacts
- them to approach the booth for their appointment. This will ensure there is always a minimal amount of people at the
- The Clerk-Recorder’s offices were closed to the public initially on March 17, 2020, due to orders from state and local
- health officials to help slow the spread of the coronavirus. Department staff has been providing some services via mail
- and online. For information about other services beside Marriage Services, please call our information line at
- (714) 834-2500, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or visit OCRecorder.com.