Christmas trees will be picked up curbside for recycling from December 27, 2021, through January 14, 2022, in Santa Ana. Trees will be picked up on your regular waste collection day by a different truck. Place the tree at the curb no earlier than noon on the day before your regularly scheduled collection.
There is no extra charge for holiday tree collection during this special collection period and there is no need to call for pick-up. Please follow these instructions:
- When you set your tree at the curb, it should be bare.
- Remove all decorations, ornaments, lights, garland, tinsel and the stand.
- If your tree is more than 6 feet tall, cut it in half before placing it at the curb.
- To dispose of your tree after the special collection period, cut up the tree and place the pieces into your green yard waste cart. Be sure that the lid on the cart will close.
- Live wreaths and greenery can go into your green yard waste container. Please remove all decorations, ribbons, lights, nails and wire.
Questions? Contact Waste Management Customer Service Center at 714-558-7761.