The Orange County Human Relations Commisison, which is based in Santa Ana, is seeking nominations for their 39th Annual Human Relations Awards.
The O.C. Human Relations Commission has been honoring law enforcement, schools and community members for their contributions to human relations in Orange County for 39 years.
Now they are inviting you to nominate individuals or groups who have made extraordinary contributions to Orange County in the area of human or civil rights. For example, people who:
- Advocate for human and civil rights in the areas of health, education, immigration, labor, justice, housing, or employment.
- Foster mutual understanding and respect among county residents.
- Provide community dispute resolution or mediation services.
They are seeking nominations of people or groups who go above and beyond the call of duty to make significant contributions to their communities. They look forward to receiving your nominations and to seeing you at the Awards 39 on May 6, 2010.
Nominations are due by 9 a.m., on Feb 16.
- Nominations should be two typed pages in length or less.
- Award recipients will be notified by March 7, 2010 and will be asked to participate in a video-taped interview and to provide photographs or video that can be used during the award presentation.
- Award recipients will be provided with 2 complimentary tickets to the event.
- Nominee Information: Provide the name, address, phone number(s) and email address of the Nominee.
- Nominator Information: Provide your name, address, phone number(s) and email address.
- Contributions: Summarize the nominee’s contributions to human or civil rights in Orange County and the significance of these contributions.
- Benefits: Describe the overall benefits that OC residents have received from the nominee’s efforts. (Particularly to low-income, minorities, women and other targets of discrimination).
- Volunteer Efforts: Indicate how much of the work described was volunteer, or work over & above paid responsibilities
Fax: (714) 567-7474
Mail: OC Human Relations, 1300 S. Grand Ave, Bldg B, Santa Ana, 92705
Questions? Contact Dave Southern at (714) 567-7543 or email at Dave@ochumanrelations.org.