Here is the message they posted tonight:
A complication arose in the operation regarding permissions to fly over restricted airspace around Disneyland. The contractor was unable to secure the permission in time to conduct a full operation. As such, the operation has been cancelled for the evening of Wednesday September 9, 2015. The District will provide an update as soon as more details are available.
What this means is that Disney will now call on their allies on the Anaheim City Council and on Assemblyman Tom Daly to stop the spraying permanently!
We also have time now to keep working to stop the spraying altogether! Click here to join the Facebook group that is dedicated to stopping the spraying. Call Orange County Vector Control at (714) 971-2421 and request a ” recorded complaint!”
Click here to find the contact info for your O.C. Supervisor. Click here for a contact list of all the members of the O.C. Vector Control District’s Board. These are mostly political hacks who are on the Board to collect a stipend. Time to wake them up and let them know how upset you are about the spraying! Santa Ana residents can call Vector Control District Board Member Cecilia Aguinaga at (714) 478-2918.
Here are some more local elected and appointed officials you should contact:
- Michael Hearst, OC Vector Control District Manager – Email. (714) 971-2421, Ext. 129.
- Chairman of the OC Board of Supervisors Todd Spitzer – Email. (714) 834-3330.
- Supervisor Andrew Do – Email. (714) 834.3110. (Represents Santa Ana – and he serves on the OC Vector Control Board)
- Supervisor Shawn Nelson – Email. (714) 834-3440.
- Supervisor Michelle Steel – Email. (714) 834-3220.
- Supervisor Lisa Bartlett – Email. (714) 834-3550
- The Santa Ana City Council. Email them here.
- Santa Ana Councilwoman Michele Martinez, Ward 2. Email her here and here. Call her at (714) 887-9845.
- Santa Ana Councilman David Benavides, Ward 4. Email him here and here. Call him at (714) 475-1630.
- Santa Ana Councilman Sal Tinajero, Ward 6. Email him here and here. Call him at (714) 552-2800.
- Santa Ana Councilman Roman Reyna, Ward 5. Email him here. Call him at 714-647-6900. (He also represents Santa Ana on the OC Vector Control Board)
- Santa Ana Mayor Pro Tem Vince Sarmiento, Ward 1. Email him here. Call him at 714-647-6900.
- Santa Ana Councilwoman Angie Amezcua, Ward 3. Email her here. Call her at 714-647-6900.
- Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido. Email him here. Call him at 714-647-6900.
- Santa Ana City Manager David Cavazos. Email him here. Call him at (714) 647-5200.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has oversight over the spraying of insecticides. Their Director in Southern California is Steven Leonido-John – Email. (213) 244-1804.