COSTA MESA (July 12, 2022) – The annual OC Fair is returning on Friday and that means it’s time for unexpected combinations of sweet and savory treats to eat.
New items range from a float topped with hot Cheetos to a brand-new take on potstickers and even a sandwich topped with Cap’n Crunch.
There are also three new concessionaires who will tempt fairgoers during the 23-day run of the Fair, July 15-Aug. 14. And $4 Taste of the Fair is back on Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. when fairgoers can try sample-size versions of Fair food. View the menus here.
Also new this year is the Blender Bar – guests mix up their own smoothies or margaritas by peddling a special blender bike located in the Culinary Arts Building where chef demonstrations, eating contests and more will take place daily.
Advance admission purchase is required – no transaction fees – and daily capacity is limited; visit ocfair.com. Tickets must be purchased for specific days and some days are expected to sell out.
New concessionaires this year are:
- Garlicky’s – Garlic dogs, garlic sausages, garlic chicken kabobs
- Sweets By Cardinali – Milkshakes, ice cream, frozen bananas
- Moongoat Coffee – Vegan and gluten-free pastries, coffee
New foods include:
- Kool-Aid Chicken Sandwich (made with cherry Kool-Aid)- Chicken Charlie’s
- OC Deluxe Avocado Toast (topped with onions and tomatoes) – Ten Pound Buns
- Hot Cheeto Chicken Sandwich – Biggy’s
- Potstickers with Hot Cheetos batter (chicken and vegetables inside) – Chicken Charlie’s Pineapple Express
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich – Biggy’s
- Flaming Hot Ten Pound Bun (topped with Hot Cheetos) – Ten Pound Buns
- Hot Cheeto Float (lemon-lime float topped with Hot Cheetos) – Biggy’s and Candy Factory
- Cap’n Crunch Chicken Sandwich (topped with cereal) – Biggy’s
- Flaming Hot Cheeseburger (topped with Hot Cheetos) – Biggy’s
- Hot Cheetos Chicken Sandwich – Biggy’s
New at at the 2022 OC Fair is a Food Guide – guests can pick up a food listing and map at any of the information booths.
As always, fairgoers will enjoy their annual favorites including classic funnel cakes, serious BBQ, deep-fried treats, cinnamon rolls, family-sized pizza, exotic floats, ice cream and everything on a stick. There are many options to share.
Check out the full food listing on ocfair.com.
Things to know before you go
- The Fair will be open Wednesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekdays (Wednesday, Thursday) and 11 a.m. to midnight weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- General admission is $12 on weekdays (Wednesday, Thursday) and $14 general admission on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Tickets for seniors 60+ and kids 6-12 are $7 all days.
- Parking is $10 for cars and motorcycles and $20 for buses and limos.
- Tickets are on sale now and must be purchased in advance with no fees on ocfair.com. Fairgoers should make sure to get tickets for special days and group adventures now, with limited capacity days could sell out (in 2021 17 out of 23 days sold out).
- Performances in Pacific Amphitheatre, The Hangar and Action Sports Arena during fair-time include same-day Fair admission. Tickets are on sale now. For more information visit ocfair.com.
- Unlimited ride carnival wristbands are back this year for $44 presale online through July 14 and $49 during the Fair. The one-day wristbands can be used Wednesdays and Thursdays, must be redeemed by 5 p.m. and include unlimited rides and two free games; guests can ride and play from 11 a.m. till 8 p.m.
- Carnival ride and game tickets can also be bought online now and are $1.25 each. Tickets required for each ride range from two to 14 tickets and games require between two and eight tickets each. For more information on this year’s rides and games, visit our website.