- Juan Cabral
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 18CF3497
Date: December 18, 2018
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was arraigned today for the special circumstances shooting murder of two Wienerschnitzel employees during a robbery in 1991.
Defendant: Alejandro Galindo Dominguez, 45, Ensenada, Mexico
Charged on Dec. 12, 2018, with the following felony counts:
- (2) Murder
- Sentencing Enhancements:
- Special Circumstances – Murder during robbery
- Special Circumstances – Multiple murders
- Personal use of a firearm
Maximum Sentence: Life in state prison without the possibility of parole
Pre-trial hearing on Jan. 24, 2019, 8:30 a.m. at Department C-55, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- On July 23, 1991, Dominguez is accused of committing a robbery at Der Wienerschnitzel in Santa Ana and shooting two employees, 28-year-old Andres Bello and 18-year-old Juan Cabral.
- The defendant is further accused of moving the victims’ bodies into the restaurant freezer and fleeing the scene.
- Santa Ana Police Department investigated this case, which went unsolved until Dominguez turned himself in to Border Patrol agents on Feb. 23, 2018.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Troy Pino, Homicide Unit.