Orange County, Calif. (September 2, 2020) – The County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) announced that beginning Saturday, September 5, 2020, the Agency’s Saturday drive through benefits issuance services will be consolidated at SSA’s Santa Ana Regional Center (SARC), by appointment only.
The Agency will continue to provide weekday benefits issuance by appointment from its Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Garden Grove and Santa Ana Regional Centers. These offices are open to the public with reduced hours, from Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Clients requiring drive through benefits issuance services should continue to follow current processes by scheduling appointments through the SSA Call Center at (800) 281-9799.
The decision to consolidate Saturday benefits issuance at SARC was made based upon evaluation of client utilization of these services at the four centers.
Orange County households interested in applying for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits or wishing to review existing case information are strongly encouraged to visit SSA’s online portal or contact the SSA Call Center, as outlined below, to avoid long in-person wait times and prevent the spread of illness.
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- By phone: please call SSA’s Call Center at (800) 281-9799
- Call Center hours are Weekdays (Monday – Friday) from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- To apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or for questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, please call (714) 825-3000 or fax (714) 825-3001.
- In addition, if you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our Child Abuse Registry at (800) 207-4464.
- Please call the Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
Limited visitations and Live Scan appointments will continue by appointment only for Children & Family Services clients through their assigned social worker.
For additional information on SSA programs, please visit: www.ssa.ocgov.com.
To stay up to date with information concerning the COVID-19 situation in Orange County, please visit www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.