The so-called Santa Ana Coalition for Good Government, which is actually a Political Action Committee, is hosting a “Community Forum” on Oct. 20, from 6:30 pm to 8 pm, at the Delhi Center, according to their website. The Delhi Center is located at 515 E. Central Ave., in Santa Ana.
This organization is run by failed Santa Ana Mayoral candidate Alfredo Amezcua and a motley crew of a board that includes:
- Alfredo Amezcua – Failed mayoral candidate
- John Acosta – Republican, resident of Orange, former Santa Ana Councilman
- Jeff Dickman – Was booted off a City Commission
- Albert Castillo – Chicano Unidos
- Debbie McEwen – French Park resident who promoted the use of traffic barriers in her neighborhood, to keep Mexicans out. The ACLU sued and had the barriers removed.
- Valerie Amezcua – Failed SAUSD School Board candidate, daughter of Alfredo Amezcua, failed mayoral candidate
- Luis Ortiz Franco – Los Amigos of Orange County
- Gabriela Gonzalez – Community Volunteer
- Francisco Barragan – Member of a bunch of boards. He has told me in the past that he is unemployed. I have no idea how he makes a living.
Note that Art Lomeli is no longer the President of this Board, although they still list him as such. He resigned after this PAC attacked Santa Ana Mayor Pro Tem Claudia Alvarez, without his permission.
I don’t know what these people are trying to accomplish with these fake forums. They have almost no influence in Santa Ana and even if they manage to come up with a good idea, it is highly unlikely that anyone on the Santa Ana City Council will give them the time of day.