This Saturday’s Santa Ana Art Walk, on Nov. 5, might be the biggest one ever. Not only does it coincide with the 9th Annual Noche de Altares (Dia de Los Muertos/Day of the Dead) event, we are also going to see the Occupy Santa Ana movement conduct a protest at 1:00 in front of the Bank of American on 4th and Main, for Move your Money Out Day. (B of A announced today that they are cancelling their monthly debit card fee increase, so perhaps folks won’t be moving their money out after all).
The Occupiers are then having a march from 6:30 to 8 through Downtown Santa Ana, where the Day of the Dead Altars will be set up, and then on to the Artists Village. They will end the march at the Santora Building, at the Studio del Sotano, with a Sangria party.
Noche de Altares 2011 – Saturday, November 5 · 1:00pm – 10:00pm
Schedule of Events:
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Chilenos
- 1:40 pm – 2:00 pm Santa Ana Youth Skit
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm Bolivianos
- 2:45 pm – 3:30 pm Ballet Folklorico de Centro
- 3:40 pm – 4:20 pm Mariachi de San Juan Capistrano
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Aztec Dancers Bless Event
- 4:30 pm Sunset La Catrina begins Procession & Lighting Candles
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Relampago del Cielo
- 5:15 pm – 6:00 pm Banda Estrella de Michoacan
- 6:20 pm – 7:00 pm Son del Centro & Son Kids
- 7:20 pm – 8:00 pm Los Santaneros (Cumbia/Rock)
- 8:20 pm – 9:25 pm Cumbia Tokeson, http://www.reverbnation.com/TOKESON