The 11th Annual Noche de Altares (Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos) event is set for Saturday, November 2, 2013, from 1 to 10 pm, at 4th and Birch Streets, in Santa Ana. Click here for Facebook updates.
This event is free to the public. The event includes:
- Traditional Altars
- Visual Arts
- Artisan Vendors
- Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Live Performances
- Plus Closing Bands
- La Misa Negra
- La Santa Maria
Noche de Altares is a community-based event celebrating Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), one of México’s oldest, indigenous festivals. Organized by volunteers, the purpose of the celebration is to honor the ancient traditions of the festival and bring community members together through art, culture, and compassion.
- Gustavo Arellano, the Editor at the OC Weekly, will be personally manning the OC Weekly’s booth from 3 pm to 6 pm. Click here to see a slideshow of pictures from last year’s Noche de Altares, posted by the OC Weekly.
- Soho Taco Gourmet Taco Catering will be selling tacos at the event.
- Yellow Red Sparks is playing at Noche de Altares, Santa Ana’s Dia de los Muertos Celebration at 8pm on the Viva La Indie stage.
- CAT will be performing at Noche de Altares, Santa Ana’s Dia de los Muertos Celebration in Santa Ana.at 2p.m. with Musical Guest: Miles Davis!
- Dialogue/Diálogos and Latino Health Access will be hosting a booth space at Noche de Altares, Santa Ana’s Dia de los Muertos Celebration this coming Saturday, Nov. 2! Visit our booth on 4th and Broadway to participate in a Día de los Muertos activity and get your #YoSoySantaAna sticker
- David Romero will be performing at two this week, 19th Annual Dia de los Muertos: Day of the Dead Celebration! with Buyepongo at Cal Poly Pomona on Friday and Noche de Altares, Santa Ana’s Dia de los Muertos Celebration with La Chamba Cumbia Chicha in Downtown Santa Ana Saturday. Both are FREE, all ages
- Flores Party – Noche de los Altares and Art Walk
- “Bringing Out The Dead II” art show @ GCS Santa Ana
Diego’s Downtown SA is having an art reception, $5 dollar kitchen menu, Fine priced spirits, DJ and Dancing by Anything Fresh at 9 and a lively crowd! See you tonight!