The year is almost over, which means it is time to take a look at our top posts this year.
- This was the year the Dia de los Muertos/Noche de Altares event blew up. Our post about the 7th annual event got 1,292 views! It was our top post this year. Our post about this year’s event also got over 1,000 visits.
- The tragic death of a young man from Irvine, in a shooting in the downtown area, prompted us to write a post about how the downtown area of Santa Ana is actually pretty safe. That post got over one thousand visits!
- Our post about former SAUSD Trustee Nadia Davis’ campaign for a County Supervisorial seat, in Alameda County, also got over 1,000 visits.
- When ICE raided our fellow Santa Ana residents, we wrote about it – and that post also got over 1,000 visits.
- And our post about the Silk Road exhibit at the Bowers Museum got 964 visits.
- Our post about this year’s November election results also got over 900 visits.
- A post we wrote about an event at El Centro Cultural de Mexico, about the Fall of Tenochtitlan, got over 800 visits.
- A post we wrote about the lurkers at Park Santiago also got over 800 visits.
- We also wrote about Eccopac’s June primary endorsements – and that post got over 700 visits.
- And my post proposing a dog park in Santa Ana got well over 600 visits.
We had 15 posts that merited over 500 visits. Whew! What a year.
In fact, we had just over 3,000 visits last December. This month we broke our readership record with over 16,000 visits and just under 30,000 page views. Thank you to all our readers for making the New Santa Ana blog the TOP civic blog in Santa Ana. I assure you all that next year will be even better!
Here is a look at our past year of visits and page views: