Dr. Mike Moodian, an educator and a candidate for the South Orange County Community College District, contacted every Orange County candidate for school board and community college board (119 total) and asked them to sign the 2012 Public Service Pledge. By signing the pledge, the candidate promises that he or she will refuse all health and retirement benefits if elected next week.
The following candidates signed the pledge:
- Robert “Bob” Ausmus, Orange Unified School District
- Gina Clayton-Tarvin, Ocean View School District
- Bob Gardner, Anaheim City School District
- Jose Alfredo Hernandez, Santa Ana Unified School District (Incumbent)
- Mike Moodian, South Orange County Community College District
- M. Tony Ontiveros, North Orange County Community College District (Incumbent)
- Cathey Ryder, Huntington Beach Union High School District
- Mark Wayland, Orange Unified School District (Incumbent)
Copies of their signed pledges are available here.
Tony Tapia, candidate for Rancho Santiago Community College District’s Board of Trustees, pledged to refuse health and medical benefits via email. He said he could not send a signed copy because he had issues with his printer.
James Vanderbilt, candidate for Anaheim City School District board (and incumbent), also pledged to refuse health and medical benefits via email. He cannot send a signed copy because he is currently serving in Kuwait as a captain in the U.S. Army.
Please Dr. Moodian with any questions at email@example.com.