SANTA ANA, Calif. – Orange County (OC) Treasurer Shari Freidenrich reminds property owners that the first installment deadline to timely pay secured property taxes for fiscal year 2022/23 is Monday, December 12 due to December 10 being a Saturday. Mailed payments received after December 12 that do not have a United States Postal Service (USPS) postmark of December 12 or earlier will be charged a 10% delinquent penalty by State law. Note if you are mailing your payment this week, local post offices may no longer postmark mail, and we recommend that you obtain a hand-stamp postmark at the USPS or a receipt as evidence of the mailing. See details at octreasurer.com/postmarks.
Paying online by using our secure 24/7 online ‘no cost’ eCheck payment option is Fast, Safe and Secure,” said OC Treasurer Shari Freidenrich. “You will receive same day credit and a receipt that can be emailed or printed. As long as you complete your online payment at octreasurer.com/octaxbill by midnight on December 12, you will avoid any penalties for late payment.” While there is no service charge for paying by eCheck, taxpayers who pay with a credit or debit card will be charged a 2.29 percent service charge. Taxpayers can scan the QR code on their tax bill remittance stub to be directed to the property tax webpage where they can input either an APN or parcel address to view and pay their taxes. This page also provides a link to all payment options and for those paying in person, pay and metered parking is now available on-site at octreasurer.com/octaxparking.
Need a copy of your current or prior years’ property tax bills? Have other property tax questions? The majority of questions can be found on the website at octreasurer.com/octaxbill. Just enter a parcel number or property address to view/print property tax bills dating back 13 years, the prior two years of payment history and an online statement of your property tax parcel account. It will also show if your bill is paid or unpaid on the website.
Also, check out our property tax and financial tools:
- Subscribe to text/email secured property tax payment reminders at octreasurer.com/eSubscriptions
- View and download our Property Tax eGuides at octreasurer.com/propertytaxeguides
- View all County Parcels with links to the tax bills on a GIS map at mello.ocgov.com
- View our Financial Tips of the Week at octreasurer.com/financialtips
- Top 5 Payment Tips at octreasurer.com/paymenttop5
- View where your Property Tax Dollars go at octreasurer.com/reports-statistics
- View Parking Options for In-Person Payments, go to octreasurer.com/octaxparking
- Check out all our Property Tax Payment Options at octreasurer.com/octaxbill
If you have payment questions, go online to octreasurer.com/octaxbill, email email@example.com or call (714) 834-3411 between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. If you have questions on ownership, assessed valuations, Proposition 19 options, exemptions or mailing addresses, please call the Office of the Assessor at 714-834-2727.