SANTA ANA, Calif. – John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period from Thursday, August 31 through Tuesday, September 5 during the Labor Day holiday weekend. More than 169,000 passengers traveled through JWA during the same period in 2016 with the busiest travel days being the Thursday and Friday before and the Tuesday following Labor Day.
JWA travelers can visit www.ocair.com for real-time flight status, parking availability, and road closures and construction activity near John Wayne Airport.
“John Wayne Airport offers a convenient and stress-free travel experience, even during the busiest travel periods,” said Board Chairwoman Michelle Steel. “Our world-class airport is known for its short security lines, friendly staff and superior guest amenities.”
Travel Tips for John Wayne Airport
- All passengers flying out of JWA are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage and go through the security screening checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre✓™ can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B and C.
- Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics. For helpful information about the 3-1-1 liquids rule for carry-on bags and other travel tips from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) please visit the TSA website.
- Travelers are encouraged to be aware of their surroundings and report questionable objects or activities, “If You See Something, Say Something™.” To report a suspicious object or activity in the Riley Terminal, dial 0 from a white courtesy phone to reach an operator, or dial 2-5000 to reach Airport Police Services, or notify an Airport employee or a uniformed officer. Guests may also dial (949) 252-5200 from a mobile device.
Parking at John Wayne Airport
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2 per hour and $20 per day, with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Travelers should plan ahead and visit the Parking Availability section on ocair.com prior to arriving at the Airport or call (949) 252-5200 to inquire about real-time parking availability.
Passenger Pickup/Drop Off
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or the 2-hour parking spaces located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Access to Terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy. Column 14 is also a designated JWA Yellow Cab pickup location for Terminal C.
- Transportation Network Companies Uber, Lyft and Wingz utilize the color-coded and numbered columns to pick up passengers curbside on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway.
Other Travel Planning Resources
- Review Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Traveler Information for a list of prohibited items and the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Please visit TSA tips for traveling with children for more information.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program can expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Those passengers traveling to and from Vancouver, Canada, will clear Customs in Canada before entering the United States.