City of Santa Ana, Downtown Orange County
In the event of a major disaster or a more common emergency, learn how to care for yourself, your family and your neighbors until help arrives.
Join the City of Santa Ana’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) by participating in the free training course (must attend all three sessions):
- Saturday, October 3, 9AM to 5PM
- Saturday October 10, 9AM to 5PM
- Saturday, October 17, 9AM to 12PM
Centennial Park Public Safety Training Center, located at 3006 Centennial Road, Behind Godinez High School.
CERT’s goal is to provide residents with information and skills to sustain themselves and to assist others when emergency responders can’t respond or until help can arrive. The course is open to all adult residents of Santa Ana, and to teenagers attending with a parent, who can attend all 3 days of the program. Class size is limited!
The course is free and participants will learn:
- Earthquake Preparedness and Disaster Plans
- Fire Safety and Fire Extinguishers
- Light Search and Rescue
- Emergency Medical Care
- And more!
- The City of Santa Ana,
- Santa Ana Police Department,
- Orange County Fire Authority,
- and the Orange County American Red Cross
To register or learn more, contact Steve Rhyner, Emergency Operations Coordinator for the City of Santa Ana at email@example.com or 714.647.5315.