The Santa Ana City Council will have its regular meeting by teleconference today, Sept. 15, 2020, with a closed session at 5 p.m. and open session at 5:45 p.m.
The meeting agenda is available here. The agenda includes:
- ADOPT A RESOLUTION OF INTENTION TO ESTABLISH THE SANTA ANA TOURISM MARKETING DISTRICT
- APPOINT DAVID ELLIOTT, MARJORIE KNITTER, PATRICK KORTHUIS, AND MARIA ROSA LOPEZ TO THE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD FOR A FOUR YEAR TERM EXPIRING MAY 31, 2024 – Community Development Agency
- RECEIVE AND FILE CANNABIS PUBLIC BENEFIT FUND FOR YOUTH SERVICES INFORMATIONAL UPDATE
- APPROVE APPROPRIATION ADJUSTMENT AND AGREEMENT ACCEPTING $1,250,000 IN 2020 COPS HIRING GRANT FUNDS
- APPROVE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE SOLIS GROUP FOR COMMUNITY WORKFORCE AGREEMENT ADMINISTRATION FOR A TERM OF UP TO FOUR YEARS IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $1,200,000
- APPROVE AMENDMENT TO AGREEMENT WITH NAPHCARE, INC. TO PROVIDE INMATE MEDICAL SERVICES FOR THE SANTA ANA JAIL IN THE AMOUNT OF $2,836,417.94
- ADOPT AN ORDINANCE ADDING ARTICLE XV (SYRINGE EXCHANGE PROGRAMS) TO CHAPTER 18 OF THE SANTA ANA MUNICIPAL CODE (HEALTH AND SANITATION) PROHIBITING SYRINGE EXCHANGE PROGRAMS IN THE CITY OF SANTA ANA
- RESOLUTION SUPPORTING THE REDUCING CRIME AND KEEPING CALIFORNIA SAFE ACT OF 2020 (PROPOSITION 20)
Individuals who would like to comment on an agenda item or make a general comment regarding a topic not in the meeting’s agenda, with the exception of special Council meetings, may do so by:
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. on regular Council meeting Tuesday, or as posted for special Council meeting. Comments received after the cut-off time will be included as part of the record as early as possible. Written comments will be summarized during the Council meeting and not read verbatim; or
• Calling (669) 900-9128 and entering the Meeting ID: 315-965-149#. The teleconferencing line will be open before the City Council Regular meeting at 4:30 p.m., or as posted for Special Meetings, and will be closed as soon as the public comment session begins.
Regular Meeting Comments on agenda and non-agenda items:
The public can begin joining the speaker queue at 4:30 p.m. Once a caller has entered the meeting, they will be placed in a holding queue. In accordance with Council Procedures, calls will not be accepted after the public comment session has begun, therefore, callers are encouraged to call by 5 p.m. Callers will be prompted to speak in the order received. After the Clerk confirms the last three digits of a caller’s phone number and unmutes them, the caller must press *6 to speak. Callers are encouraged, but not required, to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak.
Regular Meeting Comments on public hearing items:
The public can begin joining the speaker queue as soon as the public hearing has begun. Callers will be prompted to speak in the order received. After the Clerk confirms the last three digits of a caller’s phone number and unmutes them, the caller must press *6 to speak. Callers are encouraged, but not required, to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak. In accordance with council procedures, calls will not be accepted after the public comment session has begun.
All members of the public may watch or listen in to the meeting live via these remote options:
• On the City’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/cityofsantaanavideos/live
• On the City’s television channel, CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99
Spanish audio can be heard at http://santaana.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=1
The City of Santa Ana thanks residents for their ongoing patience and flexibility as we continue to balance safety and public participation.