Orange County, Calif. (January 28, 2021) – The County of Orange Social Services Agency (SSA) announced that it will re-open four regional offices with limited functionality effective Monday, February 1, 2021, in accordance with the State’s lifting of the stay-at-home order. The re-opening will provide Orange County residents with additional access to public assistance benefits and related services, while continuing to provide safeguards that help maintain the protection of SSA clients and staff during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Orange County households interested in applying for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits or wishing to review existing case information are strongly encouraged to visit SSA’s online portal or contact the SSA Call Center, as outlined below, to avoid long in-person wait times and help prevent the spread of illness.
- Online: www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- By phone: please call SSA’s Call Center at (800) 281-9799
- Call Center hours are Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- To apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or for questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, please call (714) 825-3000 or fax (714) 825-3001.
- In addition, if you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our Child Abuse Registry at (800) 207-4464 or at 714-940-1000.
- Please call the Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
Beginning February 1, 2021, the following locations will be open to the public with limited functionality, Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.:
Anaheim Regional Center
3320 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806 Laguna Hills Regional Center
23330 Moulton Parkway
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Garden Grove Regional Center
12912 Brookhurst St.
Garden Grove, CA 92840 Santa Ana Regional Center
1928 S. Grand Ave., BLDG. B &C
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Clients who arrive at SSA facilities will go through a brief pre-check process prior to being allowed entry into an SSA lobby. SSA staff will inquire about the purpose of the client’s visit and will conduct a short health screening questionnaire. Visitors will be strongly encouraged to practice physical distancing throughout their visit. All visitors, unless under the age of two, those who have breathing issues or those with an underlying medical or mental health issue, are required to wear a face mask or cloth facial covering for the safety of others.
Limited visitations and Live Scan appointments will continue by appointment only for Children & Family Services clients.
All other SSA offices will remain closed to the public until further notice.
For additional information on SSA programs, please visit: www.ssa.ocgov.com.
To stay up to date with information concerning the COVID-19 situation in Orange County, please visit www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.