NEWS, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contacts: Lt. Jeff Hallock, (714) 904-7042, Gail Krause, (714) 647-1840
Here’s what to do if you are involved in a car accident. If you or someone you know has been in an accident contact Sasooness Law Group, APC
Sheriff Hutchens Committed to Dedicating Resources to Combat Human Trafficking
SANTA ANA, Calif. – (February 26, 2014) – Law enforcement continues to see a trend involving Human Trafficking in Orange County. Human Trafficking involves the illegal trade of people for exploitation purposes or commercial gain. Victims are often sexually exploited or involved in forced labor arrangements. Human Trafficking is a violation of a person’s human rights and manifests itself in our modern day lives. Sheriff Hutchens is committed to ongoing efforts to support operations that will positively impact the fight against Human Trafficking.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department’s Investigations Division is currently involved in the following proactive operations to address Human Trafficking concerns:
· Massage establishment compliance checks assisted by State authorities to check compliance with labor codes, worker’s compensation violations and existence of Human Trafficking elements.
· “Market Reduction Programs” implemented to reduce Human Trafficking involving sexual exploitation.
· Navigate Internet websites in an attempt to identify Human Trafficking victims and/or suspects.
· Work in concert with the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force (OCHTTF) and the District Attorney’s Human Exploitation and Trafficking (HEAT) Unit.
· Undercover operations in areas susceptible to the existence of Human Trafficking victims.
· Dedicate personnel to the Orange County Child Exploitation Task Force.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department is committed to a collaborative countywide approach to leveraging resources to combat this ever-increasing crime trend. It will require a cooperative, unified effort by Orange County law enforcement to impact Human Trafficking at all levels. Sheriff Hutchens recognizes the importance of a collaborative approach and stated, “I am committed to dedicating resources to a collective effort in reducing Human Trafficking in Orange County. We have a responsibility to ensure that no person becomes victim to a crime that steals their fundamental rights as a human being.”
# # #