FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 14CF3934
Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
November 16, 2018
Did you slip and fall? Find out what your rights are and get a free consultation. Call 888-222-8999. Saslawgroup.com https://www.facebook.com/SasoonessLawGroup/
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced today to 27 years to life in state prison for luring minor boys into his apartment and sexually assaulting them.
Defendant: Edwin Damean Echeverria, 26, Santa Ana
Pleaded guilty on Oct. 22, 2018, to the following felony counts:
- (16) Lewd act upon a child under 14
- (5) Lewd acts upon a child
- (3) Oral copulation of a minor
- 27 years to life in state prison
- Mandatory sex offender registration pursuant to PC 290
Circumstances of the Case
- From 2010 to 2014, Echeverria befriended and committed lewd acts on 10 minor boys in his neighborhood located at the 700 block of South Lyon Street in Santa Ana. Seven of the victims were under age 14.
- One of the victim’s family members reported the crime to the Santa Ana Police Department (SAPD), who investigated this case.
- Further investigation led to the discovery of nine additional victims. SAPD arrested the defendant on Dec. 3, 2014.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Lexie Elliott, Sexual Assault Unit