Can you believe it? My sources are reporting that Santa Ana College has purchased the land on the corner of Bristol and 17th, where several businesses were force off their land by the City of Santa Ana, due to the Bristol Street widening project. I am told that Santa Ana College plans to use this highly trafficked corner for – a parking lot for their administrators.
What a revolting development! This land should have gone to a retail establishment – particularly a restaurant or a convenience store. Instead the city is going to lose the resulting tax revenue and the poor Washington Square neighbors are going to have to put up with noise and trash from a parking lot that most likely will be operating at all hours.
Apparently our city’s own Planning Department had no clue this was in the works, which is the icing on the cake. Well I for one say this is ridiculous. How did this get past our illustrious City Council?
You need to complain to the Santa Ana City Council Members – you can e-mail them all at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or click here to see each of their pages, where their individual email addresses are listed. Or call them at: 714-647-6900.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District Trustees better step up and reverse this stupid decision!
If you want to contact the members of the Rancho Santiago Community College District’s Board of Trustees, good luck with that too. They have one generic email address for the entire board (still better than the SAUSD School Board which provides no such email address). That address is email@example.com. Here is their personal contact info:
- Jose Solorio, firstname.lastname@example.org, 714) 514-6233.
- Nelida Mendoza-Yanez, email@example.com, (714) 347-8151
- Arianna P. Barrios, firstname.lastname@example.org, 949-215-5539
- Larry Labrado Sr., email@example.com, 714) 639-4478
- John Hanna, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, 714-480-7452
- Claudia Alvarez, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, (714) 773-4480
- Phillip E. Yarbrough, firstname.lastname@example.org, 714-532-8175, (714) 532-8175 Ext. 100