The City of Santa Ana has 332,318 residents, per the U.S. Census. It seems that 99.9% of them are ignoring the City of Santa Ana’s official YouTube Channel.
The Santa Ana YouTube page only has 1,640 subscribers to begin with. The City of Santa Ana’s Facebook page has 23,559 followers. The New Santa Ana’s Facebook page has over 34,000 followers, by comparison.
Here are a few examples of recent videos posted by the City of Santa Ana and their sad viewership:
- Santa Ana Parks Master Plan – 95 views
- Santa Ana Housing Element Virtual Roundtable Forum – June 9, 2021 – 14 views
- Environmental and Transportation Advisory Commission – Special Meeting – 51 views
- COVID-19 Update from Mayor Sarmiento and Councilmember Hernandez – June 4, 2021 – 255 views
- Environmental Justice Virtual Community Forum – Riverview West, Santa Anita and Other Neighborhoods – 19 views
- Environmental Justice Virtual Community Forum -Madison Park, Cedar Evergreen and Cornerstone Village – 24 views
- Environmental Justice Virtual Community Forum – Central City, Pico-Lowell, Casa Bonita & Bella Vista – 13 views
We don’t know how much money the City of Santa Ana is spending on producing these videos but the net result is abysmal.
It is however fairly obvious that Environmental Justice is not of interest to most Santa Ana residents…