December 9, 2015
CLCA HONORS ORANGE COUNTY AREA’S BEST LANDSCAPERS AND LANDSCAPE PROJECTS WITH TROPHY AWARDS
Local landscape professionals receive prestigious honors for commercial and residential properties
The California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA), the only state-wide non-profit trade organization of licensed and landscape-related contractors, presented Trophy Awards to Orange County area landscape contractors during its annual convention recently.
- Las Flores Landscape, Inc. of Orange won first place in Apartments, Condos and Townhouses for their work on the Los Olivos Apartment Homes Project in Irvine.
- Richard Cohen Landscaping & Construction, Inc. of Lake Forest won Outstanding Achievement in Residential Estate for their work on the Orange County Estate Project in Newport Beach.
- Richard Cohen Landscaping & Construction, Inc. of Lake Forest won first place in Water Features for their work on the McNamara Residence Project in Yorba Linda.
- Terra Prima, Inc. of Corona Del Mar won Outstanding Achievement in Large Lighting for their work on the Pelican Hill Residence Project in Newport Coast.
- Visionscape, Inc. of Laguna Beach won Outstanding Achievement in Small Commercial/ Industrial for their work on the Selanne’s Steak Tavern Project in Laguna Beach.
- Visionscape, Inc. of Laguna Beach won Outstanding Achievement in Small Residential Maintenance for their work on the Meditation Meadow Project in Laguna Beach.
- Visionscape, Inc. of Laguna Beach won first place in Large Residential Maintenance in their work on the Keedy Manor Project in Newport Beach.
- Visionscape, Inc. of Laguna Beach won Outstanding Achievement in Large Residential Maintenance for their work on the Johnson Bungalow Project in Laguna Beach.
- WM. Vandergeest Landscape Care, Inc. of Santa Ana won first place in Unlimited Commercial for their work on the Jamboree Center Office Complex Project in Irvine.
- Wm. Vandergeest Landscape Care, Inc. of Santa Ana won John Redmond Memorial Award (the best entry from all maintenance categories), a top tier award, for their work on the Newport Center 500 Block Office Complex Project in Newport Beach.
“The CLCA is thrilled to recognize Orange County landscapers and award-wining projects. Our association’s core goal is to support our members as they create beautiful, enduring landscapes that improve the quality of life,” said Sandra Giarde, CLCA executive director. “Winning a Trophy Award not only supports our members, but instills pride our community and recognizes quality workmanship that only a licensed contractor can offer.”
The Trophy Awards were established to encourage interest in landscaping, recognize crafts people who produce outstanding landscapes, create pride in superior workmanship and bestow public recognition on companies, institutions, municipalities and residents for their interest in a beautiful California. A total of 52 awards were presented. Two highly regarded landscape contractors traveled state-wide to personally inspect each and every one of the Trophy Award entrants. The judges rated projects on their artistic and technical merits.
About California Landscape Contractors’ Association
The California Landscape Contractors Association is a non-profit trade organization of licensed landscape and landscape-related contractors. Also included among its approximately 1,800 members are landscape suppliers, landscape architects, public officials, educators and students. Although formally incorporated in 1952, CLCA has been meeting as an association since 1937. For more information, www.clca.org or socialize with us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Landscape-Contractors-Association-CLCA/115044221845354 , Twitter https://twitter.com/CLCAInside and LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups/California-Landscape-Contractors-Association-CLCA-1008567/about
# # #