Kombucha on Tap is now being offered in Santa Ana at CIVIC. This is the first place in Santa Ana that you can get kombucha on tap. You can get it in bottles at grocery stores but on tap is brand new. CIVIC is located at 1236 W. Civic Center, Suite C, in Santa Ana, just East of Bristol.
What is Kombucha and Why Drink It?
Kombucha on Tap is a live, raw, gluten-free, non-GMO, certified organic, fermented tea rapidly growing in popularity among health food lovers. Kombucha has actually been around for thousands of years. It originated in China in the third century B.C.
It’s a probiotic drink with helpful bacteria that support digestion and the immune system. It also contains enzymes, amino acids, antioxidants and polyphenols. While there are few scientific studies many claim drinking it has changed their lives.
Here are 18 healthy reasons to try kombucha:
- Detoxification – helps the body get rid of toxins so they can be excreted through the kidneys.
- Antioxidants -Its antioxidant activity has been found to be 100 times higher than vitamin C and 25 times higher than vitamin E.
- Energy – natural boost of energy, great for athletes
- Immunity – Its antioxidant power also protects against cell damage, inflammatory diseases, suppressed immunity, and tumors. Get sick less often.
- Gastric Illnesses – Kombucha balances intestinal floral, curbing stomach and intestinal issues.
- Obesity- Kombucha helps balance the metabolism, aids in weight loss.
- Diabetes – Research dating back to 1929 found kombucha can decrease blood sugar levels.
- Kidney and Liver Toxicity- Kombucha may help eliminate kidney and liver damage.
- Lower Cholesterol – studies show kombucha may decrease total cholesterol as much as 45–52%. It may also significantly decrease triglyceride and LDL levels while increasing HDL.
- Hypertension – Kombucha has been used to prevent headaches and dizziness caused by hypertension and has been recommended for treating high blood pressure.
- Anemia – enhances the absorption of iron and helps prevent iron deficiency, great for vegetarians.
- Nervous System – It can help with headaches, nervousness, and epilepsy prevention.
- Prevent depression – healthy gut probiotics release serotonin (happy feelings) through the body
- Asthma – Daily kombucha may help asthma patients.
- Joint Problems- It may also help relieve arthritis, rheumatism, and gout.
- Cancers – Consumption of kombucha has been associated with lower cancer rates. Researchers believe it increases the immune system’s anticancer defenses.
- Antibiotic Resistant Infections – Kombucha contains strong antibacterials to combat infectious diseases such as diphtheria, scarlet fever, influenza, typhoid, paratyphoid fever, and dysentery