Bad news for Tom Daly, the O.C. Clerk-Recorder who is supposedly thinking of running for termed-out Assemblyman Jose Solorio’s 69th Assembly District. I just got a hold of the “Final Findings by the County Purchasing Department for a Purchasing Compliance Review” of Daly’s agency. This 2009 report clearly shows that Daly thinks he is above County policy, as he continues to skirt the County’s purchasing guidelines, enrich his friends and waste hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Click here to read the full report for yourself.
Paid for by Miguel A. Pulido for Supervisor 2020 (ID #1422663)
Here are the “lowlights” of Daly’s shady purchasing practices:
Is your employer a mess? Call Sasooness.
In the state of California for every 5 hours worked an employee must get a 30 minute, uninterrupted lunch break. For every 3 hours worked an employee must get an uninterrupted 10-minute rest break. Working over 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week is due overtime. Don’t let your employer screw you! Give us a call at 323 746-8099.
En el estado de California por cada 5 horas de trabajo su patrón le debe permitir tener un receso de media hora sin interrupciones. Si trabaja más de 8 horas en un día o más de 40 horas de trabajo en una semana su patrón le debe pagar tiempo y medio. No deje que su patrón abuse de su trabajo. No importa que no tenga papeles. Usted tiene derechos. Llamenos al 323 746-8099.
- Finding 2: Here you see how Daly totally ignores County policy and fails to go to the Board for approval of a sole sorce contract. No bids were taken, even proposals for work to be done are missing. He tries to avoid going to the Board by splitting contracts. This is one of the things Chris Street got in trouble for. Why not Daly??
- Finding 3: Again this seems to be an attempt to split contracts so they dont get to an amount that needs Board approval.
- Finding 4: He Daly puts the County at risk by not enduring that vendors he hires have proper insurance. Probaly buddies of his.
- Finding 6: Here again Daly is caught splitting contracts so he doesn’t have to go to the Board for approval. It appears that vendors got paid multiple times in some cases for the same work.
- Finding 7: Again, is Daly awarding contracts to buddies? No Sole Source justifications again avoiding the Board and disregarding County policy.
- Finding 8: Here Daly awarded $200,000 to a prefered vendor. Again not going to the Board for approval. What did the County get for these $200,000 + and who is FA Systems?
- Finding 10: More avoiding the Board at the tune of $110,000. Look how he blames the way the ASR was written as an excuse for his wild spending ways. Again who got these contracts??
- Finding 12: Here is another shady way Daly hides expenses. He exceeded his Temporary Help budget so instead of going to the Board he has the purchaser pay with a county credit card. Recordings have been way low from 2005 levels so why the temp help? Most of these are buddies or kids of his friends so he has the tax payers pay for his favors to friends. The question is how much did Daly spend over the approved amount. I thought the approving official was personally liable for any amount he spends avor the approved amounts by the Board?
And this guy wants us to send him to Sacramento? Are you kidding me?