FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 15, 2012
Contacts: Judy Iannaccone , Director, Communications, Phone: (714) 480-7503, e-mail: email@example.com
Orange Education Center Hosts Free Fall Job Fair on October 19
*Fair Features More Than 20 Employers with Job Openings*
(Orange)— Santiago Canyon College’s Orange Education Center (OEC) invites the community to attend its annual fall job fair. The event is scheduled on Friday, October 19, from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Orange Education Center, 1465 N. Batavia St., Orange, CA 92867. Entrance and parking are free.
Participating employers with jobs ranging from data entry to management positions that will be on site include:
· Atria Golden Creek Senior Living
· California Army National Guard
· Childcare Centers, LLC
· CINTAS Corporation
· Global Cash Card
· DKL Marketing, Inc.
· Freebirds World Burrito
· Hilton Anaheim
· Jackson Hewitt
· Lowe’s HIW
· Mattson Resources
· OPTIMUS Group
· Orange County Conservation Corps
· Orange County Credit Union
· Orange Unified School District Transportation Department
· Rainbow Home Care
· SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
· Southern California Sheet Metal
· Valvoline Instant Oil Change
· Wells Fargo Bank
In addition to employers, several agencies will provide information about their services:
· Working Wardrobes (WW) empowers men, women, young adults and veterans overcoming challenges to confidently enter the workforce and achieve self-sufficiency. WW provides career training, job placement assistance and wardrobe services.
· Women Helping Women provides a personalized Employment Success Program designed to provide the education, skills, and training to assist job seekers in their quest for an improved quality of life through gainful employment.
· Orange County One-Stop, Irvine, offers job placement assistance to job seekers, on-the- job training, and Workforce Investment Act services at no cost to the applicant.
· Goodwill Industries of Orange County will introduce their no-cost program that helps individuals with a criminal record prepare their resumes and find jobs.
· Taller San Jose offers youth ages 18-28 training opportunities that pay while enrolled in the 16-week training program. Assistance is also provided with job placement.
For more information, visit our web-site at www.sccollege.edu/OEC or contact the Career Center at 714-628-5942.
About Orange Education Center, Division of Continuing Education for Santiago Canyon College
Keeping the working adult in mind, the Orange Education Center offers day, evening, and Saturday classes. The main objective of the OEC is to enable adult students to maximize their potential by gaining necessary skills to reach their personal, educational, and vocational goals.
About Santiago Canyon College
Santiago Canyon College is a public community college of Rancho Santiago Community College District, serving the residents of Anaheim Hills, Orange, Tustin and Villa Park. The college provides education for academic transfer and careers, courses for personal and professional development, and customized training for business and industry.
# # #